Monday, June 9, 2008

Big Empty




As of writing: 45.40260N 105.35835W at 3259.19ft (4:00pm local time)
The beauty and majesty of western Montana eventually fades to rolling grasslands for miles and miles.
The kind folks at the bed and breakfast suggested we take route 212 instead of I-90, as I-90 does as weird
dip to the south instead of going east as much as possible. This was largely good advice as I-90 was suffering roadworks. The only problems with 212 were that parts of it stopped being paved for no discernible reason, and it went through two Indian reservations, which were quite depressing due to the poverty of the area. As I write this, we are about 50 miles from the border with Wyoming, after twenty more miles, we will scoot into South Dakota and be done for the day. We also managed to stop at a nice forest park named after the late General Custer. I think I like the mountains more than the plains. Stef's windshield is bordering on terrifying.

No comments: