Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Missoula, MT

Drove from Rapid City, SD to Missoula, MT today - 716 miles. We've been doing some pretty hard-core driving the past few days! Tomorrow will be an easy 475 miles to Seattle, so we'll have plenty of time to hang around here in the morning. I think I should wash the car, because Monk has expressed some concern about how many bugs are plastered to the front. The collection included a live, twitching hornet at the last gas station we stopped at to clean off the windshield. An hour later you couldn't even tell we'd cleaned it..




We're staying at Gibson Mansion, which is really nice - way nicer than I thought it would be, and I was expecting it to be quite nice already. The owner, Tom, showed us around and it sounds like we'll be having a really tasty breakfast tomorrow! The place is a really nice old restored house with beautiful grounds and snacks laying all over the place. YUM - my kind of B&B! I took some pictures, which I will post to flickr later. I will also report back on breakfast! But I would definitely recommend the place if anyone is in the area. As you can see from this post, free wireless is provided ;)

Last night we stayed at the Coyote Blues B&B near Rapid City, SD. We stayed there on the way to Maine, but in a different room. The weather was nicer this time, so we had breakfast outside. The owners are Swiss, apparently, and they serve a great breakfast: muesli and yogurt/fruit, juice, coffee, delicious breads, a cheese and fruit platter, a meat tray, and something hot (fritatta this time, scrambled eggs last time). It's definitely an awesome breakfast! I was weirded out by their olives, which are sweet - like they were brined in a sweet pickle brine! They're good, but different.

No comments: