Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Yeah, what he said!

We got home early this evening, with no more dead birds or anything weird like that. All the way across the country with no speeding tickets - not too bad!

I didn't think 2 and a half weeks was that long, but it was kind of weird coming back to our house! After being away you forget what your house smells like (everyone's house has its own smell, you know?) and driving up to the garage it felt weird to see a familiar place! I guess I got used to everything being different, that it's weird for me to see the things I was used to on a daily basis.

Unpacked the cooler and put stuff into the fridge (Amato's pickles were the first thing to go in!), then had some dinner at Coho Cafe with Ken and Laura. We're going to need some groceries.

I'm going to work tomorrow even if people think that's crazy. "Don't you need some downtime after all that driving!?" people say. I point out that driving WAS half of the vacation, and plus my job is pretty low-key so I can chill out all day and get caught up on the 600 (!) emails I got while I was gone. And another thing: it's Thursday. A 2-day week shouldn't be TOO taxing. :)

No comments: