Sunday, June 8, 2008

Montana!




At time of writing: 47.23647N, 115.02510W at 2736.88ft 3:46pm (seattle time)
State tally gets boosted to two. We crossed into Montana from Idaho.
My concepts of time and space are radically altered as we crossed a time zone in a car,
which is really weird. So I have no idea what time it "really" is.
I-90 shadows the border between Idaho and Montana, there are Mountains in all directions.
currently we are about 66 miles from Missoula, which is the next city.
My phone says we have good 3G service, but I can't get a modem connection.
The speed limit is largely 75-80MPH out here, but it doesn't really seem that fast.
The other strange thing is seeing the same traffic over and over again. We just passed
a truck we must have passed 4 times previously.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had the same issue in some areas - the phone gets a data connection, but attempts to "dial out" fail. However, using internet sharing I was able to access the internet from the computer anyways.

No idea why one method would work and the other wouldn't, but whatever.